Key Points to Business Lines
- A business line is a group of related products or work that serves a particular account/client transaction or business need.
- Business lines group together accounts and the asset classes and workflows within those accounts.
- By assigning an account to a business line, the account will then have predefined asset classes and workflows to choose from.
Detailed Description of Business Lines
Business Lines are used to group related accounts, asset classes, and workflows. Potential Business Lines for a municipality may be Water, Wastewater, Stormwater, Gas, Health, or Electric, among other things.
Create a Business Line
Quick Steps to Create a Business Line
- Select the Business Lines tile from the Landing Page or from the left navigation menu.
- Select the Create icon.
- Enter the Name of the Business Line.
- Select Available Roles by selecting Add on any role.
- Select Save at the bottom of the screen.
Security Rights Required: View Business Lines; Create Business Lines
Detailed Steps to Create a Business Line
New Business Lines are created by system administrators who have been given security access to create business lines. Business Lines link accounts, workflows, asset classes, and assets together. Business Lines must be created before accounts, asset classes, or assets.
Users may select the Business Lines tile from the Landing Page or from the left navigation menu to access the Create icon to create a new Business Line. Here users would enter the Name of the Business Line. Then select the Available Roles for this Business Line by selecting Add, if no roles are selected ALL roles will be Assigned. Select the blue? icon to review the description of this role.
Users must select Save at the bottom of the screen.
*Optional field Exclusive select this box only if this Business Line is exclusive and should only be available as assigned
*Optional field Sort Order, enter the number corresponding to the placement of this Business Line in the list view.
Searching for a Business Line
Users can search for Business Lines by typing any value or word into the search bar. The system will search for the name or number of Accounts, Workflows, Asset Classes and Assets contained in the Business Line.
Edit a Business Line
Quick Steps to Edit a Business Line
- Select the Business Line tile from the Dashboard or from the left navigation menu.
- Search for and select the Business Line the user would like to Edit.
- Complete changes to the Business Line Details.
- Save changes.
Security Rights Required: View Business Lines; Edit Business Lines
Detailed Steps to Edit a Business Line
When the Business Line tile is selected the user will be brought to the Business Line page. Here a user may enter the name of a Business Line by typing the name in the search box. Limiting the list to show Active Only by clicking the check box, or scrolling through the list to find and select the Business Line they would like to access.
When a Business Line is selected from the list, the Business Line Details screen for that specific Business Line is displayed. Any information that is no longer correct in the designated categories may be updated.
Select the check mark from the box to set the Business Line as inactive.
Activate and deactivate the Business Line by selecting the check box next to Active.
Assign a Sort Order for the selected Business Line. This is where it will show in the list of Business Lines for this Billing Account.
Edit Roles that can access this Business Line, if no roles are selected this Business Line will be available to all Roles.
The user must select Save to save the changes to the Business Line.